Monday, February 17, 2014

Chronicles and Acts

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The yard men have come and gone and since it is President's day and I read on my schedule that there was no change in trash pickup, I thought they would have picked up already. But, apparently the schedule was wrong, so the guys put the dumpster down for tomorrow, which is good, since they put a huge black bag of leaves in it from last week!

Well, I had an interesting weekend. After getting my hair done Sat. by my friend, Mari, I decided to go down Central to downtown, since I had not been in the hub of activity for a little while. What an active, lively, busy place downtown St. Petersburg is! There were no empty parking spaces for about four blocks on Central, and Beach drive was also full. Lots of people walking, eating outside, shopping and just enjoying the beautiful weather! We have one of the most beautiful waterfronts anywhere! I am glad this is my home and home town!

Then Sat. afternoon, Brian and I headed down to Sarasota. I had told him I would like to treat him to dinner in celebration of his new position starting Tuesday. We thought by leaving early enough to get to Yoder's around 5, that we would beat the crowds! WRONG!

There must have been a hundred people standing in line outside to get into the restaurant, and more people shopping the gift shop, and fresh market at the Village. So, we turned around and drove a couple blocks to Der Dutchman. It was also crowded and had a crowd, but they were all inside and had signal devices for when names were called. So, we looked around at all the baked goods and upstairs were gifts. I like to people watch and there were as many Amish and Mennonite people there as outsiders. We only had to wait about thirty minutes, before sitting down to a substantial meal. I had poached salmon which was delicious, but they had other choices of meats and loads of veggies on the buffet, plus a large salad bar. I was stuffed  when I got up.

While we were waiting, a friend came up to me that I had not seen for several years, so it is a small world!

On the way home, the huge, orangish moon was rising over the Bay and it was just gorgeous. If I hadn't been in the car, I would have taken a pic of it! Not a cloud in the sky...just the huge snow moon! It was a wonderful evening. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Acts 10:34
Then Peter replied, " I see very clearly that God
doesn't show partiality. In every nation he accepts
those who fear him and do what is right."


2 Chronicles 7:14
Then if my people will humble themselves and pray
and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways , I
will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and
heal their land.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis