Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Don't Condemn Others

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Today's weather is a repeat of yesterday's, so it looks like spring has sprung already! Lots of sunshine and cool breezes, with just a few clouds. There were pictures of cirrus clouds on Facebook yesterday and I saw them with their unusual shapes. I always try to look up to see what God has produced for my pleasure.

Well, I discovered a fat anole in my bathroom, Monday, and was not happy about it. He was curled under my curling iron and had left a deposit on the sink cabinet. When I moved the iron, of course he wriggled his way up the wall and I have not seen him since. But I have not felt sticky feet on my face at night, so I guess he has moved on. Shudder!

I finished my ironing! I don't know why I put that off so long, when it only takes a few minutes to do. I just am not that fond of that particular task, but am always glad when it is over. I went to the park in the afternoon, and saw the anhinga perched on the weir with outstretched wings. Several ibis were pecking around on the banks and further down, more ibis , and moorhens in the water. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Luke 6:37
Stop judging others, and you will not be judged.
Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on you.
If you forgive others, you will be forgiven. If you give,
you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full
measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room
for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use
in giving---large or small--it will be used to measure what
is given back to you."

Then Jesus gave the following illustration. " What good is it for one blind
person to lead another? The first one will fall into a ditch
and pull the other down also. A student is not greater than'
the teacher. But the student who works hard will become like
the teacher.

And why worry about a speck in your friend"s eye when you
have a log in your own? How can you think of saying, "Friend,
let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye, when you
can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get
rid of the log from your own eye, then perhaps you will see

well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye."

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with
thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis