Monday, May 19, 2014

Encouragement

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Once again , we have clear, blue skies and lots of sunshine. But even though it is cool now, the temps will climb up to the middle eighties today and the rest of the week.

My yard guys have already come and gone after mowing, edging and blowing. I had previously asked the head man to bring my dumpster up, because the garbage man always come around about 7, and since it is difficult for me to drag it back up beside the side garage door, I thought it would not be too much trouble for them. Last week, they forgot, and my friend, and neighbor brought it up herself. So, today the guys brought it up in front of the garage, instead of all the way back. So, once again, Cheryl took it back to where it belongs. I am blessed to have her for a friend and neighbor. She is one half of the team that cleans my house once a week, and a natural caregiver at heart.

Well, I watched Spider Man on the tube, by accident over the weekend. I did not know it was on, and probably would have avoided it, but was channel hopping and it was just coming on. I was caught up by the unbelievable special effects and the staring of the main character. He hardly changed expression and did not blink his eyes for long periods of time. Guess I am too old for fantasy films. But I watched it to the end.

After church yesterday, I dropped off a two week book I read in a day and a half, then drove on to the park, and saw a very wet turtle drying out on the weir, A group of people were gathered around the brown gopher tortoise across from the educational building, and two egrets were standing in the canal gathering lunch. It was a beautiful day and God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

What do I do when I feel overwhelmed?

Leviticus 26:8
Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand!

All your enemies will fall beneath the blows of your weapons.

Joshua 21:23:10
Each one of you will put to flight a thousand of the enemy, for the Lord your God
fights for you, just as he has promised.


Be encouraged that the power of God is for us, regardless of the number of enemies
against us. God used David to overcome Goliath, Gideon's three hundred soldiers
to defeat the armies of Midian, and one hundred and twenty disciples to establish
the church in Acts. He joys when working through our weaknesses and limitations.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis