Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Changes

Good Morning. Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have sunshine and pretty clouds and a good day before us!

We are getting new neighbors moving in across the street. The former resident moved out Sunday after having a For Rent sign in front of her house for a month or so. This has been a pretty stable neighborhood, at least on this end of the street, with some residents living here for about forty years or so. However, this particular house was remodeled after being sold due to a death, and, since then, it has changed hands several times.  The changing flow of neighbors goes on...

Yesterday afternoon I attended memorial services for a friend, which reminded me of memories I would leave behind...some good and some bad, but I have always tried to be kind. Sometimes I speak my mind when I should be quiet and think before speaking. So, if I have hurt any feelings, I apologize now, and ask forgiveness.

There was another memorial service going on just two hours earlier; This for another old friend in a different location. And Saturday, still another! Sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming , and I am reminded of my own mortality! But not for long, as I think of all that has to be done today!

As some friends picked me up for the service, I saw the brown bunny in the neighbor's yard and then, coming home, another one in a yard a couple blocks away! There must be a large flock of bunnies in the yards around here. I know one household has chickens in the side yard. Just a little bit of country in the city!

I got to the library and brought home more books, including the latest by Nicholas Sparks, one of my favorite authors. Then I went on to the park and saw some friendly ibis and lots of people enjoying a warm summer day! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Where can I find security and hope in the midst of tumult and change?

Lamentations 5:19
Lord, you remain the same forever! Your throne continues
from generation to generation.


Malachi 3:6
I am the Lord, and I do not change. That is why you descendants
of Jacob are not already completely destroyed.


James 1:17
Whatever is good and perfect comes to you from God above, who
created all heaven's lights. Unlike them, he never changes or casts
shifting shadows.


Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Both our security and our hope are rooted in God's unchanging
character. People will make promises one day but disappoint
in the next. Sin or circumstances beyond their control prevent
them from keeping their promises. God's faithfulness. and love
however, are not subject to the fluctuations of time, space, or human
mortality. We will never suffer because of God's fickle whims,
irrational mood swings or inability to handle  the circumstances.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 amaryllis