Thursday, August 7, 2014

Greetings from Paul

Good Morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Another day of lots of sun and high humidity,,,the heat index is supposed to reach 100 today, just like yesterday! Good old summertime!

When I left home on an errand yesterday, I noticed black, ominous looking clouds in the southeast, and wondered if I would get rained on before coming home, but nothing happened. Humphf! They just sort of blew away, quietly.. On my way, I had to figure out how to get from behind a Hybrid car which was stalled in the left turn lane, I was in. I barely had wiggle room to back up a little and swing around her on the right, but noticed the cars behind me, chose to wait and go in the wrong lane to make their left turn. I am wondering if her battery needed to be charged or what the problem was, because her lights were burning okay. Anyway, hope she got some help to get out of the way.

I had unwanted company in the shower this morning. An anole has been living in my bedroom for several weeks now, ( really don't know what keeps him alive) and when I turned on the shower faucet,there he was. wiggling because he was trapped. I kept turning because I wanted hot water, instead of cold, but did not want the lizard on me!! He worked his way loose and took off on the wall, while I invented a new shower dance, swatting at him with my wet washcloth! Life is interesting, but God is always good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Colossians 1:9-14

So we have continued praying for you ever since
 we first heard about you. We ask God to give you a
 complete understanding of what he wants to do in
your lives, and we ask him  to make you wise with
spiritual wisdom. Then the way you live will always
honor and please the Lord, and you will continually
do good, kind things for others. All the while, you
will learn to know God better and better.

We also pray that you will be strengthened with his
glorious power so that you will have all the patience
and endurance you need. May you be filled with joy,
always thanking the Father who has enabled you to
share the inheritance that belongs to God's holy people,
who live in the light. For he has rescued us from the
one who rules in the kingdom of darkness, and he
has brought us into the Kingdom of his dear Son.
God has purchased our freedom with his blood and
 has forgiven all our  sins.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love

Love, Amaryllis