Monday, August 25, 2014

Teaching about Prayer

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Sunshine, puffy white clouds, and lots of wind are what we have today. I have received a "lake wind advisory" and I can see the trees and bushes being moved about by the wind, so It looks like the weather man was right.

Well, it looks like I need to let everyone know when I decide to take a day off. I had decided Friday morning to get to the Publix earlier than afternoon, so in order to do that , I had to forego my usual devotional, prayer, writing blog time. It usually takes me about two hours in the morning to do that. I had notified two or three people, who I knew would wonder about me, but got inquiries from some others. I will try to do better. At my age, I am not inclined to get up any earlier than I have to, since I did that for many years!

Brian invited me to have dinner with him at Jack' London Grill Sat. night, so when we got there it was not crowded. A few minutes later, another family from FCC came in, and, unbeknownst to us, one more FCC person was seated across the room. It was a good meal and I had so much left, I had to take a box home for Sunday dinner.

Speaking of Sunday; as I was ready to leave for church, I got a severe neck ache, and back ache and a funny feeling in my head, so I stayed home and about an hour later was feeling fine. I don't like to think of Satanic attacks, but maybe that was. But I have to remember that "greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world."

God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Matthew 6:7-

When you pray, don't babble on and on as people
of other religions do. They think their prayers are
answered only by repeating their words again and
again. Don't be like them, because your Father knows
exactly what you need even before you ask him!
Pray like this:

Our Father in heaven,
may your name be honored.
May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done here on earth,
just as it is in heaven.
Give us our food for today,
and forgive us our sins,'
just as we have forgiven those who
have sinned against us.
and don't let us yield to temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one."

If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father
will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father
will not forgive your sins.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
 joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis