Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Living to Please Others

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I hope you all had a great weekend doing whatever you wanted to do. The weather was good for the most part, with thunderstorms threatening in the evening. Today is sunny, with a few clouds, but the storms seem to come over the bay. Last night while Brian was visiting, it started to thunder really loud. We watched the weather forecast and thought he had better leave to beat the rain home. However, it never rained here, so I think he made it OK.

We did get rain one night, though, and as a result, the water in the canal at the Park,, came up and really looked good. Instead of a trickle, it was a good stream. The egrets were enjoying it and probably the gators, too.

We had a good church service Sunday, I think preparing us for a new senior pastor. At least it seemed to me to be pointing in that direction. I think we are getting closer to having one. The search committee is doing a good job interviewing!

I washed sheets in the morning yesterday, then remade the bed and after lunch I watched the Rays win, (Yay) and went shopping. After I finished shopping, I went to Steak and Shake and bought a steak frank for supper. Once in a great while, I indulge in junk food. I really wanted barbeque, but settled for a dog. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Romans 15:1-4

We may know that these things make no difference,
but we cannot just go ahead and do them to please
ourselves. We must be considerate of the doubts and
fears of those who think these things are wrong. We
should please others. If we do what helps them, we will
build them up in the Lord. For even Christ didn't please
himself. As the Scriptures say, "Those who insult you,
are also insulting me." Such things were written in
 the scriptures long ago to teach us.
They give us hope and encouragement as we wait for God's promises.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis