Thursday, September 4, 2014

"Thanks Be To God"

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Wow! What a storm we had last night! Lots of lightning, and thunder! I was watching the Rays game and heard the boom that turned out one bank of lights which caused a thirty minute delay in the game at the Trop. They would not have been able to play at all had they been playing in an open field. Right now the sun is shining and once more, the puffy clouds are visible all over. They may turn dark later on if more rain moves in...

I decided I wanted a Philly cheesesteak sandwich for my supper, so I drove to Subway to the drive-thru and ordered one with lots of veggies. I think they are so good when toasted! Yum! Traffic coming back was pretty crowded with the coming home crowd on the road, but I stuck to most of the off streets and had no problem.

I had stopped through the Park on the way out and saw that everything was quiet and peaceful simmering in the late afternoon heat. And it was hot! Very few people were out, and I only saw one anhinga drying his wings.There is a man from that neighborhood who always walks his dog down into the park. I have seen him for several years, smoking his pipe and walking his dog, so now we wave as I pass. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

2 Corinthians 2:14-17, 3:4,5

But thanks be to God, who made us his captives
and leads us along in Christ's triumphal procession,
Now, wherever we go, he uses us to tell others about
the Lord and to spread the Good News like a sweet
perfume. Our lives are a fragrance presented by Christ
to God. But this fragrance is perceived
differently by those being saved  and by those perishing.
To those perishing, we are a fearful smell of death and
doom. But to those who are being saved we are life-giving
perfume. And who is adequate for a task such as this?
You see, we are not like those hucksters--and there are
many of them--who preach just to make money. We preach
God's message with sincerity and with Christ's authority.
And we know that the God who sent us is watching us.


3:4,5
We are confident of all this because of our great trust in
God through Christ. It is not that we think we can do
anything of lasting value by ourselves. Our only power
and success come from God.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis