Tuesday, September 9, 2014

True Wisdom comes from God

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Even though there were dark clouds most of the day, we had no rain yesterday. But this morning, I saw a large drip roll off the roof, so sometime during the night there must have been a sprinkle.  When I was in the Clinic's office, I thought it would rain before I came out, but nothing...

Well, I have to work on my biography again for a meeting at the end of this month. I keep putting it off because when I start writing, memories come to mind after I have already passed a certain time. I think I need a ghost writer  to jot thing down as I remember them. I have a lot of years and a lot of memories stored up!

My yard crew came yesterday, but the older one does not do a good job of blowing the front porch. After they left. I took a broom and swept off in front of the door, because twigs, and lots of frog and lizard poop were left all along the front window sill and welcome mat. Guess I will have to tell Jim that I would like to have a better job done.

I went to Walmart to get gas in the van, and was pleased to see that prices are still low. After I left, I visited the Park, saw lots of cars and a skinny anhinga with wings folded by the weir. It was a good day for the park, because the temp was cooler and it was overcast. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

James 3:13-18
If you are wise and understand God's ways, live a life of
steady goodness so that only good deeds will pour forth,
And if you don't brag about the good you do, then you
will be truly wise! But if you are bitterly jealous and there
is selfish ambition in your hearts, don't brag about being
wise. That is the worst kind of lie. For jealousy and selfishness
are not God's kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly,
and unspiritual, and motivated by the Devil. For wherever
there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find
disorder and every kind of evil.


But the wisdom  that comes from heaven is first of all pure. It
is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield
to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no
partiality and is always sincere. And those who are peacemakers
will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of goodness.


I always give thanks for you,remembering you in my prayers with
thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis