Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pressing toward the Goal

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! This is another beautiful day just like yesterday, with lots of sun and white, puffy clouds drifting across the blue sky! And, we are looking forward to a bit of a taste of fall weather this weekend!

Well, I was so tired last night that I did not sleep too well. Rick, my handyman was so busy while he was here. I really did not know he was going to do so much, but he took care of things I had not thought of...cut up stuff in the backyard left from when he tore down the shed many months ago, cleaned out gutters, and the roof...washed down the porch after gutter cleaning and fixed a worn spot in the bathroom lavatory. And made a trip to Home Depot to get a new doorbell button! All this is stuff that Louis used to take care of, so it is good to have someone I can rely on.

After Rick left I ran a couple errands, then came back home and had lunch, and since I was expecting my cleaning ladies at 2:30, I ran a couple more errands. After they left, I rested a bit and then took off again. All in all, it was a busy day for me!

Then this morning, I noticed that my cleaning lady and friend, Cheryl, put my dumpster back from the front! I did not hear her, but really appreciated her doing that! She is so thoughtful!
I am blessed! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Philippians 4:6-9
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again---rejoice!
Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do.
Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.
If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far
more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His
peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing
as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and
honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and
admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of
praise. Keep putting into practice all you have learned from me
and heard from me, and saw me doing, and the God of peace
will be with you.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with
thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis