Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good Morning Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I am always chilly in the house when I roll out of bed, but other people think it is just right with no heat and no air. Of course, this weather is perfect, compared to the rest of the country with the early snowfall! I am just wimpy when it comes to getting in the shower. After I move around a bit, I am fine and warmed up. Just old bones, I guess.

Yesterday, while I was sitting here typing, I heard a loud blower, and wondered who was doing it. I got up to see if the lawn guy's truck was out front, but did not see anything. However, when I opened the front door later, I saw that the driveway and porch had been blown off. Most of the acorns and leaves were gone. So, someone had come and done the good deed, but it was Tuesday, and my lawn guys come on Monday. Well, I am not complaining! It will just remain a mystery.

I drove out to the Disston Shopping Plaza yesterday, which is always busy, but found a parking space right in front of LIttle Italy. The tantalizing smells of pizza and other goodies were tempting, but it was the middle of the afternoon and I was not hungry. Sigh. Wouldn't you know?

On the way back home, I stopped at the park and saw the turtles once again sunning on the bank of the weir and, further on, a couple taking pictures of the very large, brown gopher tortoise. They were standing right in front of him, and he is so used to people that he sometimes does not even pull his head in. A couple of egrets were in the canal, which is still really overgrown, and people were strolling around. One couple was sitting on a bench totally engrossed in each other. Ah, Love! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 139:23,24  Psalm 141 :3,4

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.


Psalm 141: 3,4
Take control of what I say, O Lord,
and keep my lips sealed.
Don't let me lust for evil things.
Don't let me participate in acts of wickedness.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis