Monday, December 1, 2014

Jesus' Prayer of Thanksgiving

 Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!  This is one more in the string of perfect days we have been having! Blue skies, lots of sun, gentle breezes...who could ask for anything more?

I watched the Packers-Patriots game yesterday, played in below freezing weather, at Green Bay WS, with thousands of screaming fans sitting in the cold and not seeming to mind at all, since the Packers won! Yay! My mother was from Wisconsin and my sister was born there, so I have a connection. I also watched the Gators narrowly lose, but that's another story. Sigh.

I hope you all had as good a Thanksgiving as I did. Brian and I drove up to Dunnellon to be with my two nieces, my sister, my great nephew and a couple cousins of theirs, so there was good company, and great food. Much laughter, and memories!

The drive up was perfect and we made good time on the Suncoast Parkway. Not much traffic and blue skies! We were interested in a shiny, black new looking Corvette, that we picked up in Pasco Co. and followed and passed back and forth until we got to Crystal River. We sorta wondered where they were headed and missed them when we turned off to head for Dunnellon. We stopped by my mother's old house on Blue Run and saw that it looks much the same as when we sold it. Those were good times! Then we headed for home and once again, had really good weather and a great trip!

I have seen more wood storks around the various lakes and yesterday on my way to church had to suddenly stop to let one cross in front of me unexpectedly! they have taken to hanging out in people's yards around Lynch Lake and this one was crossing the street from a house. There were several more around the lake and ducks, ibis, and seagulls. A busy place! Over at the park I saw turtles of various sizes sunning on the banks of the weir, and ibis and egrets in the canal. Lots of people were at the park, which was closed Friday. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Matthew 11:25-30

Then Jesus prayed this prayer, "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
thank you for hiding the truth from those who think themselves
so wise and clever, and for revealing it to the childlike. Yes, Father,
it pleased you to do it this way!

My Father has given me authority over everything. No one really
knows the Son, except the Father, and no one really knows the
Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

Then Jesus said, " Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry
heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you,
and let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you
will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the
burden I give you is light."


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis