Thursday, January 8, 2015

God's Call

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Brrr! My thermometer read 44 outside when I got up and now it is up to 45, so it is warming up! However, Daryl said it was predicted to be 9 degrees in Cleveland, TN, so we shouldn't complain too much. At least the sun is shining, even though the wind is blowing which is bone chilling.

Yesterday was a lesson in patience for me. I headed out to Largo for my appointment at 10 with the surgeon who does MOHS surgery, for the removal of a basal cell carcinoma on my nose.  This means the spot is excised and the pathologist gets it and gives the verdict on whether more surgery needs to be done.  So the waiting...and waiting. I was called back to have more taken off four times, and finally, the doc decided he would have to do a graft. The donor site was in front of my right ear, because I sleep on my left side mostly. So, after lying on the table for forty minutes due to a patient who was bleeding profusely, and needed emergency care because she was taking anti-coagulant  meds. they finally got back to me. By that time, I was the only patient left, so the whole staff came in to watch the procedure. I even had a nice chat with the pathologist, who had long tats on each arm. I asked him if he had a Harley and he said not any more, but he used to. We talked bikes for awhile and he was familiar with Gold Wings and their comfort. He also told me that my particular cancer had spread across my nose, which is kind of scary. All this time I was lying on the table with a cover on my hair and a strip over one eye. I could see the heavy traffic going by on Bryan Dairy road.with people on their way home. After I got deadened again or more, I should say, the doctor talking all the time, he finally got it done. There were about six people in the room at the time, all chatting and laughing. They were all interested in my cane which has a headlight.

So, after getting a large compression bandage on my nose and in front of my ear, I was ready to go at 6:30. But first, I had to make an appointment to get the stitches out and I keep the bandage on for five days!

Brian was with me for a few hours and left about 2:30 thinking I would be leaving soon. The staff brought in a large pizza for all the patients waiting, so we got to eat some of that, plus, they had snacks, coffee and water, TV and magazines. It was a long day!

But, God is good and if I am careful, I will heal and all will be well!

What does God provide so I can fulfill his call?

Hebrews 13:29-21

Now, may the God of peace, who brought again
from the dead our Lord Jesus, equip you with all you need for
doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power
of Jesus Christ, all that is pleasing to him. Jesus is the great
Shepherd of the sheep by an everlasting covenant, signed with
his blood. To him be glory forever and ever. Amen
Where God calls, He equips. The Power of the resurrected Lord
ensures that we fulfill God's call in our lives.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis