Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Blessings

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! My indoor-outdoor thermometer read 48 this morning, and now the wind is blowing, so it is really chilly! But, the sun is shining and the temp. will surely warm up soon. Personally, I could use some heat myself!

I have been on a journey since Jan. 7 when I had MOHS surgery on my nose to remove basal cells .. After I came home, I started constant sneezing and then coughing which I thought was just allergies, but after checking in with my doctor, he thought I had bronchitis. Since I was already on an antibiotic for the nose, he told me about some over the counter remedies to help me sleep without the violent coughing, but by Saturday, I was having difficulty breathing, so the doc on call recommended Doctor's Express walk in clinic on 4th St. Brian took me there, and that doctor took chest x-rays and told me to check in Bayfront ER for lab work. I had pneumonia in the lower right lobe, so, after a long Sat. night wait, I was admitted to the hospital.

The care was great in most instances, but no one bathes the patient any more, and so I warned everyone not to get too close. I was unwashed and unshampooed for 4 and a half days. I could hear people coughing all along the hall, so I was not the only one sick!

After finally getting well enough to be discharged, Brian arranged for home health care for me, and so for a week I have had caregivers coming in for a few hours each day. I am now free of home care and only have one going with me to my last checkup for the nose on Wed. Afternoon. I do not wear a bandage during the day, but cover it up when I go out. It is not pretty! But seems to be healing. I had a graft from in front of my right ear, so that is also healing well.

My azaleas are blooming and very pretty, the balloon from my birthday flowers is still flying and leaves are falling, but I am blessed! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Numbers 6:24-26
May the Lord bless you and protect you.May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.

God's blessing encompasses all of life. We live in his protection, his presence, and his peace. Nothing this world offers can compare in scope or duration with the blessing of God.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis