Friday, February 27, 2015

The Lord's Charge to Joshua

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!  It's kind of a changeable day ...overcast and cool, with a wind blowing and sun sometimes. But later on into next week, we will be in the eighties! From heat to A/C!

The leaves are still falling, but my handy man is coming next week to rake and bag them. The yard man does that once in a while, but mostly blows them up against the house, and into the azaleas, where I don't want any more. Mow, edge, blow and go..that's what the yard man does! I realize he has to get in as many lawns in a day as possible, so he does what is required and off he goes.

I have a doctor's appointment for a checkup this afternoon, so if we are to have rain, I hope it won't be then.  The strawberry festival is on its second day, so they probably don't want rain, either. Just thinking of strawberry shortcake makes me hungry. Yum! Guess that's what I will get on my next trip to Publix.

I saw some amaryllis blooming in a neighbors yard near here, but mine are buried too deep to bloom although they have healthy looking leaves. Sigh. But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Joshua 1:6
Be strong and courageous, for you will lead
my people to possess all the land I swore to give
their ancestors. Be strong and very courageous. Obey
all the laws Moses gave you. Do not turn away from
them, and you will be successful in everything you do,
Study the book of the law continually. Meditate on it
day and night so you may be sure to obey all that is
written in it. Only then will you succeed. I command you---
be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged.
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis