Thursday, April 9, 2015

Paul's Prayer

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! All I can say about the weather is that it is the same as yesterday, the day before, etc., Just warm and perfect! I have been running the A/C for over a month, because we are getting up to nearly ninety some days.

I attended the services for a dear friend and organist at my church, yesterday afternoon. It was a happy and sad tribute to a funny, talented and deeply committed woman who touched many lives. Among the good parts, was the opportunity to see many old friends, whom I had not seen in a long time.

One of them was a friend who walked across the new span of the Howard Frankland Bridge with me, back in the summer of '91. This was something I really wanted to do, and she was kind enough to accompany me. The problem was, I did not drink enough water, the sun was hot, I did not wear a hat, and so I wound up faint, and almost had heat stroke, so the paramedics had to carry me to their tent and put cold water under my arms, legs and make me drink a couple bottles before I recovered enough to go. Now if I could only do a tandem parachute jump...That's on my bucket list.

On my way to church, I drove around Lynch Lake, and there was the roseate spoonbill, in all its pink glory! It was busy pecking alongside some white herons, with seagulls a little ways further on. That was better than anything I saw in the park! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Ephesians 3:14-

When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan,
I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of
everything, in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his
glorious, unlimited resources, he will give you mighty
inner strength through his Holy Spirit. And I pray that
Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts
as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into
the soil of God's marvelous love. And may you have the
power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide,
how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. May
you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great
you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled
with life and power that comes from God.

Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within
us he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would
ever dare to ask or hope. May he be given glory in the church
and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages.
Amen


( I may have sent this recently, but it is one of my favorite scriptures.)

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis