Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Paul's Thorn in the Flesh

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord had made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I know, if is almost noon, but because it is a rainy, dark morning, I am taking my time doing everything. The weather prediction was spot on about the rain coming in early. But that's ok, because I have everything I need and don't have any appointments or errands that need to be run today.

The yard crew came yesterday and sliced up the fallen branches and stuffed them in the dumpster. The branches are so long that they are holding the lid up, so I guess there is rainwater accumulating in the bottom. It will get dumped out when the trash gets picked up Thursday. But, the yard looks much neater, now.

Here I am concerned with my own small world, and bad events are going on all over the world...riots in Baltimore, earthquake in Nepal and plane crashes. God is in control, but He gives people choices and sometimes they are not good. All I can do is pray for those in trouble and leave the rest to God.

On a lighter note; I watched Dancing With the Stars last night and my favorites, Noah and Sharna got a really good score for their fantastic jazz dance. Yay! He is a hunky, good looking guy with dimples, even with only one leg and one arm! He gets my vote!

I had to go to the post office yesterday, so on my way back, I stopped at the park to check it out, and saw one of the gopher tortoises receiving admiration from about three people, and noted that the water is still pretty high. This rain today will keep it high, so God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

1 Corinthians 12:6-10

...I have plenty to boast about and would be no fool
in doing it, because I would be telling the truth. But
I won't do it. I don't want anyone to think more highly
of me than what they can see in my life and my message,
even though I have received wonderful revelations from God.
But to keep me from getting puffed up, I was given a thorn
in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me
 and keep me from getting proud.

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each
time he said, "My gracious favor is all you need. My power
works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast
about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work
through me, Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite
content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships,
persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis