Thursday, April 16, 2015

Still Roamin' thru Romans

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! What can I say about the weather? It remains the same around here as the last few weeks...no rain, but abundant sunshine and interesting clouds. I like to see the different formations and used to sprawl out in the grass when I was a teen ager, just to watch the clouds form different shapes and see if I could make out a face or two. Sigh. That was probably the beginning of my skin pre-cancers.

Speaking of that, my nose is basically healed. It still does not look like it, but my last trip to the MOHS surgeon was yesterday, and he said to use a certain scar cream on it to flatten out the graft. So, I started that yesterday and we will see how it goes. My trip to Largo for my appointment was uneventful and pretty fast, since I got a lot of green lights, but coming back was a different story. I had to go through several school zones, and then got behind a county garbage truck which stopped at every house on 62nd,, which is a two lane street at that point, but no one got impatient, and I was able to watch, close up, a hard working man. He would grab multiple cans and empty them into the truck and bags and bags and toss them in. He worked very quickly, and then would hop on the side of the truck and off to the next stop. I am pretty sure he did not dream of being a garbage hauler when he was small, but he was doing honorable work, and was not begging on the street.  So, good for him!

After I got back in my neighborhood, I made a trip to the bank, and then a couple more errands, and was glad to get back home and relax a bit. I took a trip to the park first, just to unwind and saw a small gopher tortoise, squirrels in the same place as the last time, and several beautiful jacaranda trees in bloom. The bougainvillea bushes are also gorgeous and in full bloom! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Romans 12:9-13
Don't pretend that you love others; really love them.
Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good.
Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight
in honoring each other. Never be lazy in your work,
but serve the Lord enthusiastically.

Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble,
and always be prayerful. When God's children are in need,
be the ones to help them out. And get into the habit of inviting
guests home for dinner, or, if they need lodging, for the night.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy,
and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis