Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Promised Rest

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Lots of clouds and blue sky and no breeze yet, but the day started out the same yesterday, and then, all at once, we had rain for about an hour!

I had planned to return books to the Library, but by the time I was ready to go, the rain was pouring, so I decided it was a good time to work some more on my biography. I am remembering places the family traveled to when I was a teenager and before. That was such a long time ago, I am surprised I can picture in my mind all that I have seen. I think they are more impressions now. Some things are just imprinted and never leave.

So, after the rain finally stopped, it was later in the afternoon, but as I left the house, I noticed a flock of ibis in the front yard, happily pecking around one of the oaks, while a squirrel was just sitting and watching. Cute. Lynch Lake was full...that was a hard rain, and a lot of water fell, and all the gutters were running. Fortunately, for me, school was out and all the zones cleared, so I didn't have to wait for the streets to clear. The library was crowded, so maybe people were waiting for the rain to be over, as I was.

Well, the paper was delivered after my call reporting it missing, and was thrown down at the foot of the driveway. I went out to get it, just as the sprinkles started before the heavy downpour.This morning it was on the porch, but not in the chair next to the door, as I had requested. The customer service lady told me to call again if it was not where I wanted it, so I guess I will. Sigh.I hate to complain.

After I finished at the library, I drove on to the Park, and saw that the canal was full and flowing swiftly. The trees made for a nice, shady drive into the bridge area, and there were quite a few cars out. I saw some people looking at what looked like a snapper turtle who had wandered up from the lake near the entrance. Very wet, and very shiny. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Hebrews 4:12-
For the word of God is full of living power.
It is sharper than the sharpest knife cutting
deep into our innermost thoughts and desires.
It exposes us for what we really are. Nothing
in all creation can hide from him. Everything
is naked and exposed before his eyes. This is
the God to whom we must explain all that we have done.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis