Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Effective prayer

Good Morning, Dear  Friends and Prayer Partners!  This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have a breezy, sunshiny warm morning, with rain expected sometime this evening. Last night a storm blew up around 7:30 with lots of thunder and lightning, but while it was close, I don't think we got a drop!

Well, I started on my closet again. I have a bag full of shoes and more to put in another bag. I think my feet are worn out from all the walking I have done in all my years, so my tootsies are particular about what I put on them. As a result, I have many pairs which I have had for years, which do not feel good any more.So, the Salvation Army will get them all.

I am still getting used to the recycling idea. I have always thought it would be a good idea, but it is work! Now I have to wash jam jars when they are empty before putting them in the recycling dumpster, and also orange juice and milk containers. I also flatten paper boxes and so forth. I am grumbling about it, but I do it.

The gecko is still in the bathroom, but he is very skinny and does not look good. And now, there is a baby one in the kitchen, and he is fast! I tried to catch him a couple times, but he races away and hides. Maybe Cheryl can get him today when she comes to clean,

I walked around to my crape myrtle tree yesterday, and it is blooming with a lot of new growth, after being cut back drastically last year. It is really pretty! And, there was a bloom on the Bird of Paradise bush in the backyard. They are lovely. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Matthew 7:7-11
Keep on asking, and you will be given what
you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will
find. Keep on knocking and the door will be
opened. For everyone who asks, receives.
Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is open
to everyone who knocks. You parents---if your
children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give
them a stone instead? Or if you ask for a fish,
do you give them a snake? Of course not! If
you sinful people know how to give good gifts
to your children, how much more will your
heavenly Father give good gifts to those who
ask him.


I always give thanks for your, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

 Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis