Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Benefits of Wisdom

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!  We have sunshine today and we had no rain yesterday! All the gutters are still full of water and retention ponds are nearly overflowing, so the drippy skies can stop for awhile. However, that is not the prediction. More storms are the prediction. Sigh.

My friend, Ray, came to get the tarp and weights of various kinds, that he used to cover the leak in my roof. He also was kind enough to replace the outdoor porch light which my neighbor had informed me was burned out. This was one of those new, curly lights that is supposed to last a thousand hours or something like that. So much for that!

I got laundry done and walked around the back yard to note that the ground is saturated. Where the grass did not grow under the trees, there is now a lot of green. It may not be grass, but it is green and that is okay by me! The crape myrtle is almost through blooming but the Bird of Paradise is loving the wetness, and has several nice flowers on it. They are hard to arrange when cut, so I usually let them stay on the plant.

Well, I have to go gas up the van sometime today, so I'll see how low it is at Walmart. I am so happy it is going down! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Proverbs 2:1-11
My child, listen to me and treasure my instructions.
Tune your ears to wisdom and concentrate on understanding.
Cry out for insight and understanding. Search for them
as you would for lost money or hidden treasure. Then you
will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you
will gain knowledge of God. For the Lord grants wisdom!
From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He
grants a treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their
shield, protecting those who walk with integrity. He guards
the paths of justice and protects those who are faithful to him.

Then you will understand what is right, just and fair, and you
will know how to find the right course of action every time. For
wisdom will enter your heart , and knowledge will fill you with
joy. Wise planning will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis