Friday, August 7, 2015

Gems from Joshua

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! More sun, white clouds and a humid breeze, the same as yesterday, greets us today. But everything is still drying out from all the rain, so we don't need any for awhile.

I had a busy day yesterday...the yard crew came and mowed, even though the grass was soggy, then I had a delightful visit with my friend David, who gave me some advice for fixing the roof and also encouragement for the wallpaper, which he says is dry and okay, so that was a big relief. I still have to have the stained ceiling painted, and the tarp over the roof removed, so the drying can begin.

Then, shortly after David left, with instructions not to open the door to strangers, which is the same thing my sons have told me over and over, I heard a knock on the door and there was a man I did not recognize. I did not answer, but then I saw him turn away and take a picture. After I saw the City emblem on the side of his car, I recognized him as the code inspector, so stepped outside and he came back to check to see if the wasps had been sprayed next door. I did not know they followed up on these things. And BTW, he was taking a pic of my giant staghorn fern to show his wife. He has never seen one that big!

So, after that, I went shopping, and by the time I finished with that, I was very tired.I have to go back today and exchange what I bought yesterday. Sigh

But I stopped in at the park, and saw a group of people looking at the brown gopher tortoise, and a graceful white egret, with its head just visible, beside the canal. The grass had been recently mowed and it looked good. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Joshua 1:6-9
Be Strong and courageous, for you will lead my people
to possess all the land I swore to give  their ancestors.
Be strong and very courageous. Obey all the laws Moses
gave you. Do not turn away from them and you will be
successful in everything you do. Study this book of the Law
continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be sure
to obey all that is written in it.
Only then will you succeed. I command you---be strong and
courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord
your God is with you wherever you go.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis