Thursday, August 20, 2015

Work

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We had sun and a lot of heat up until about 3 yesterday and just as my cleaning gals got through, the rain started. Everything got dark, but when I looked out the window, I could see blue skies, so the showers were localized. It came down really hard once again, so the saturated ground is once more muddy.

While I think the recycling, city wide, is good, some of the things we have to do are not so good. For instance, no food contaminated papers are to be put in, so that means everything has to be washed. I washed a soup can yesterday and sliced my little finger on a sharp edge. From now on, I will just rinse, rather than cutting myself!

On another note; the pier is being demolished! I am sad that it is being done, and hopeful that in my lifetime, another will be built. I remember it from the beginning, back when I was going to high school and Louis and I used to go to the burger place at the old pier and hang out with friends. Then that building was torn down and rebuilt, and now this one is going. All in the name of progress! Well, we will see.

The staghorn fern is so big that I fear for the limb it is hanging from. The oak limb is sturdy, but still, that is a lot of weight on it. But the squirrels like to hop through it and enjoy the banana skins that occasionally are put in it! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
This should be your ambition; to live a quiet life,
minding your own business and working with your
hands, just as we commanded you before. As a result
 people who are not Christians will respect the way you
live, and you will not need to depend on others to meet
your financial needs.
Work is God's plan for our lives. Those who work diligently
experience many benefits in their own lives and bring benefits
to others. God promises two basic rewards for faithful work;
(1) having a more credible witness to nonbelievers and (2) having
our needs met without having to financially depend on others.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis