Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Roamin' thru Romans

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners!  This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Today is the first day of fall. Can you feel it? I can't either. But I know it is coming close, because I have mentioned before that the acorns and leaves are falling and butterflies are more plentiful. Even the Google logo is cute today in case you haven't seen it.

Well, yesterday was not as amazing for me as Monday, mainly, because I had to go cross town to my dentist's appointment. I do not enjoy going to the dentist because of the cramping in my jaw from holding my mouth open for so long. I can endure the scraping off of tartar, the poking and probing of my gums, trying not to gag over the xrays, and the grinding of the cleaning, but my jaw starts to tremble and cramp before long, so I have to stop and bite down hard to stop the cramps.  However, I have very healthy teeth and gums, so it was worth it to hear that.

I decided to come home a different way, so drove down to 5th Ave. and had to go over one lane because of an accident. I have no idea what caused the crash, but about three cars were involved in a left turn lane, with no traffic light. Several first responders trucks were there and more were coming. It pays to be vigilant!

My cleaning ladies are coming this afternoon, and I received a call that my hearing aid is ready to be picked up, so I will be busy today, But I did take time to notice the ibis and egrets around Lynch Lake Park. So Florida! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Romans 12:6-13
God has given each of us the ability to do certain
things well. So if God has given you the ability
to prophecy, speak out when you have faith that
God is speaking through you. If your gift is that of
serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher,
do a good job of teaching. If your gift is to encourage
others, do it! If you have money, share it generously.
If God has given you leadership ability, take the
responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for
showing kindness to others, do it gladly.

Don't just pretend that you love others, really love them.
Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love
each other with genuine affection, and take delight in
in honoring each other. Never be lazy in your work,but
serve the Lord enthusiastically.

Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble,
and always be prayerful. When God's children are in need,
be the one to help them out. And get into the habit of inviting
guests home for dinner, or, if they need lodging , for the night.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis