Monday, November 23, 2015

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Brrr! I know some people are very happy to have this chilly weather, but I am not one of them. I guess I don't move fast enough any more to keep the blood circulating so it helps keep me warm. I know the fifties aren't very cold to most people, but it's cold to me! But the sun is shining and it will warm up to almost 70 today, so it is a beautiful day!

We had a powerful wrap up sermon in the Love Illuminated series that Pastor Kevin has been preaching for the past fifteen weeks. I have learned a lot from the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd letters of John that I had never thought about before. Good stuff!

I did not go back for the chili dinner and decorating the church afterwards last night. I don't cook chili any more and am not comfortable driving at night, so instead I stayed home and watched the Packers win!  Yay!

On my way home from Boston Market after church, I stopped in at the Library to drop off a book at the book drop. There are two metal containers, one short and one taller which accommodates vans and trucks very well, but someone hit the short one some time ago and put a large dent in it, and I noticed another crinkle in it yesterday. Seems like a lot of poor drivers use the book drop. I also noticed a car parked in the lot with the windows covered. It looked like someone had slept there overnight. I hate to think of homeless people forced to use a parking lot just to sleep in, especially at Thanksgiving time.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I just love the Publix commercial with all the vignettes pictured of families making the big meal and all the human mishaps and joys that happen. Makes my eyes moist. They are up there with the Super Bowl Clydesdale commercials! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 34: 8-10
Taste and see that the Lord is good.
Oh, the joys of those who trust in him!
Let the Lord's people show him reverence
for those who honor him will have all they need.
Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry,
but those who trust in the Lord will never go hungry.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis