Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Choose Joy

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have sun and breezes today, but a cold front is moving down from Tallahassee and the prediction is for some rain and cooler weather the rest of the week.

Well, since the house will be power washed today, seems fitting that it will rain tomorrow. Actually, we could use some rain, because we haven't had any for a week or two. My amaryllis plants are looking very healthy this year from all the rain we have had previously, so I hope that means some blooms later on.

I did a lot around the house yesterday, so did not get out. I washed sheets and towels, then finished one book and started another, which I will finish today. I also have to finish up the indoor decorating. Sigh. I just have to motivate myself to get moving!

I see the squirrels zipping up and down the oak trees out front and wish I had some of their energy. But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

James 1:2
Dear Brothers and Sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be
and opportunity for joy.


Troubles remind us of two things; first, they remind us that this is a fallen world, full of futility and frustration. Second, they remind us to turn to a God who will never disappoint us. God promises lasting joy for all those who believe in him. This kind of joy stays with us despite our problems.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis