Monday, January 25, 2016

Salt and Light

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!  Well, you know it's cold when the yard guys wear long pants instead of shorts!  The sun is shining, but when they came it was 47 degrees and not warm yet. I was looking at the piled up snow in the cities in the northeast and thankful that we don't have to shovel all that stuff! Government offices are closed in DC and, of course, schools are closed, and the kids are happy about that!  So, we have much to be thankful for here in the Sunshine state!

Pastor Kevin had another powerful sermon yesterday and he also gave us time to pray and ask for forgiveness for any sin in our lives. Good worship, and good fellowship. I took Louis' three wheeled walker since I am still not trusting my knee which I twisted getting out of the van last week, so several people wanted to know what happened.

Actually, the walker is quite convenient because it has a carrier bag between the wheels, so a lot can be put in it. It is light weight, so it's easy to lift in and out of the van. I just have to figure out how to go to the grocery store with it, and use a cart...I may have to go back to the cane.

It was so chilly when I went to the Park Saturday, I only saw one anhinga airing out his wings and a small snapping turtle trying to cross the road, but he was stuck in the middle, waiting for traffic to pass. I hope he made it okay. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Matthew 5:13-16
You are the salt of the earth. But what good
is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make
it useful again? It will be thrown out and trampled
underfoot as worthless. You are the light of the world--
like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all
to see. Don't hide your light under a basket. Instead,
put it on a stand and let it shine for all to see, so that
everyone will praise your Heavenly Father.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis