Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Jesus, the True Vine

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! When I got out of bed and opened the drapes in the living room, I could hardly see across the street, the fog was so thick!  But an hour later the sun was shining and there was not a trace of fog left. I saw the weather prediction before I toddled off to bed and the weather map showed a line of fog hovering just off shore, so, sure enough, it rolled through.

I took the van to the car wash yesterday, and could not believe how hot the weather was! Also, the humidity was much lower, so the van was dry by the time I came home. Today promises to be the same with the temp already near seventy.

I got ambitious and stripped the bed to put sheets in the washer, so the bed has not been made, yet, but nobody will see it but me, so that's okay..Well, the wind has picked up, so I see leaves drifting down . Reminds me of my birthday balloon which is running out of gas and drifting down from the ceiling. The others are still flying high! Thanks, Mari!

I drove through the Park on my way back from the car wash and lots of cars were parked, so many people were enjoying the warm weather and beauties of nature. I saw an osprey nest on top of a credit union sign on my way home from church Sunday and the owner of the nest was standing proudly just watching all the cars go by. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

John 15:5-8
Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches.
Those who remain in me, and I in them. will
produce much fruit. For apart from me you
can do nothing. Anyone who parts from me
is thrown away like a useless branch and withers.
Such branches are gathered into a pile to be
burned. But if you stay joined to me and my words
remain in you, you may ask any request you like,
and it will be granted! My true disciples produce
much fruit. This brings great glory to my Father.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis