Monday, February 8, 2016

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good Morning, Dear  Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The sun is shining but the air is chilly. However, the temp has climbed up to 58 already, so it is really beautiful with only one or two clouds dotting the sky.

My yard crew is at work after I thought they weren't coming because this is late for them. The front porch was piled high with leaves, so their visit is timely! They are wearing jackets, so I know it is cold. Even my PC was balky, which is why this email is late today.

We had a long service yesterday, but a good one with our loose change offering for the Covenant World Relief water issue...making clean water available for those people who don't have it. It was an impressive (and noisy) time of filling up to overflowing, a large can in front of the lectern. Then came the sermon about the Living Water.

I waited about twenty minutes for a space to open up in the parking lot for the second service and we did not get out until 12:30.

Well, I watched the Super Bowl sporadically last night. Meaning I turned to other programs for short times, since I did not care who won. Neither team was my favorite. My only comment is that I don't know how the Panthers had an almost unbeaten record, because they certainly did not play like they were that good!

I drove around Lynch Lake on the way to church, and the lake had ripples on it from the strong wind. The ducks were huddled in a group against the bank with one lone wood stork keeping them company. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 37:1-
Don't worry about the wicked.
Don't envy those who do wrong
for like grass, they soon fade away.
Like springtime flowers, they soon
fade away.

Trust in the Lord and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and
prosper.
Take delight in the Lord and he will give
you your heart's desires.

Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust him and he will help you.
He will make your innocence as clear as
the dawn,
and the justice of your cause will shine as
the noonday sun.

Be still in the presence of the Lord
and wait patiently for him to act.
Don't worry about evil people who
prosper,
 or fret about their wicked schemes.

Stop your anger!
Turn from your rage!
Do not envy others---
it only leads to harm.
For the wicked will be destroyed,
but those who trust in the Lord
will possess the land.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis