Friday, March 18, 2016

Prowling thru Proverbs

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The wind has picked up but there is lots of sun so far. Still, the prediction is for sweater weather late this weekend, maybe Monday, so I guess I will have to put the winter blanket back on the bed and turn off the A/C.

I keep hearing lots of birds chirping, so the mockers must be really happy. The bluejays never look happy and they don't sing like the mockingbirds. Speaking of birds, I mistakenly called the Thunderbirds Blue Angels yesterday. A segment on Fox TV this morning gave a brief history of the planes and how many crew members it takes to keep them flying..mechanics, etc. My great-niece is one of these important people stationed at Eglin.

Sad news this morning, as Officer Kotfila's services are being held at a large Catholic church in Tampa. He is the young man who cut in front of a woman to save her from a car going the wrong way  on the expressway. He was killed in the head on crash as was the other driver. He died a hero, but it was so unnecessary! I will be sure to watch the services at 1 PM today.

Yesterday, I visited my podiatrist, who told me I had arthritis in both big toes. Ouch! He also sold me a pair of Orthoheel sandals at half price and they feel very comfortable! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Proverbs 2:1-8
My child, listen to me and treasure my
instructions. Tune your ears to wisdom , and
concentrate on understanding. Cry out for
insight and understanding. Search for them as
you would for lost money or hidden treasure.
Then you will understand what it means to fear
the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God.
For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth
come knowledge and understanding. He grants
a treasure of good sense to the godly . He is
their shield, protecting those who walk with
integrity. He guards the paths of justice and
protects those who are faithful to him.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis