Monday, March 7, 2016

Roamin' thru Romans

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have another in our long list of beautiful days, with temps climbing up to the seventies and as high as the eighties in a couple days! While no rain is expected for the rest of the week, that still means that the pollen count is high, so i have been sneezing, blowing, and wheezing more than ever. I take Allegra as the doctor told me, and that helps some. However, I see lots of people on Facebook are having the same problem. Too many oak trees! And I have four in my yard!

I drove to the Disston Shopping Center Saturday, to do some shopping at Bon Worth, which I had not been to in a long time, and after the salesclerk spoke to me she asked if I were Amaryllis Green. I looked at her more closely, and discovered that she is the daughter of my friends who live down the street, and I have known her since she was a little girl. She has changed so much, I did not recognize her! Small world!

After I left there I went on to the Car Wash on 66th st. and had to wait in line while two pick up trucks got washed. One was a long bed and he got the deluxe wash with wax. The second just got the regular wash and then I got the quickie wash which got all the pollen off the car so now it is all nice and shiny for a little while.

We had another of Pastor Kevin's wonderful sermons yesterday , followed by Communion. Once again I had to wait for about ten minutes in the parking lot for a handicapped space to open up from first service. As I was leaving afterwards, walking down the ramp, two men with their walkers were waiting for their cars to come pick them up, so they made room for me to get through, while we chatted for a minute about the "walker parade". When I got to the car I saw a lady coming down the ramp with her walker, so we have an abundance of people who do not miss church because of minor disabilities.

Afterward, I drove to the busy Park, where lots of dog walkers, picnickers, and explorers were enjoying the beautiful day! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Romans 8:35-36
Can anything ever separate us from Christ's
love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if
we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted
or hungry or cold or in danger or threatened with
death? ( Even the Scriptures say, "For your sake we
are killed every day. We are being slaughtered
like sheep") No, despite all these things, overwhelming
victory is ours through Christ , who loved us.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis