Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Paul's Final Thoughts

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! More sun, more heat, more rain, but there is a slight breeze blowing today, so that cools the sweat. Icky but true!

Well, once again I put off going to get groceries early, but I really need to get out and get some fresh fruit. I see mangos hanging off all the trees around here, but they don't look ripe yet. My neighbors on the north side have several mango trees; one of which is growing right outside my window. Unfortunately, the hedge is keeping the fruit from falling in my yard.

I drove to the library yesterday and returned some books in the book drop, and then thought a strawberry shake would be tasty, so went on to Steak and Shake. Fortunately, the line was short, so I did not have a long wait, got my shake and headed over to the park. Very few people were there in the middle of the afternoon, and it had rained a short time before, so everything was wet and steamy, but very green. A couple squirrels were hanging out in the middle of the road, but they scooted out of the way. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Philippians 4:4-8
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again--rejoice!
Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do.
Remember, the Lord is coming soon.

Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about every
thing. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he
has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace,
which is far more wonderful than the human mind can
understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds
as you live in Christ Jesus.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more
thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true
 and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure
and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are
excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice
all you learned from me, and heard from me and saw me doing,
and the God of peace will be with you.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and
love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis