Thursday, July 28, 2016

Still Roamin' thru Romans

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The weather forecast is for a "sticky and hot" day, since the temp is supposed to reach the nineties again today. Yesterday, just about dark, we had a thunderstorm which was very noisy for about thirty minutes, so everything was still wet this morning. Thank you, God, for air conditioning!

Well, the food poisoning, or whatever it was, seems to finally be cleared up. It kept me in for a couple days, since I was afraid to venture very far from home. I don't know what caused it, but I don't want a recurrence!

I was mentioning my hope that the mango next door, would drop on my property and when I told my cleaning ladies that yesterday, they offered me mangos that one of their customers gave them, so I now have three of the ripe fruit in my fridge! Kim also brought over a big slice of the Publix chocolate cake that her sister bought for her.  Since my innards seem to be settled, I will certainly enjoy the "fruits of their labors". (Sorry)

And speaking of Publix, I think more companies are copying their vignette commercials. I especially like the Bright House commercial about the fireman and his daughter, which is so sweet. Usually I mute commercials, but not those.

I took a trip to the library after the girls left, and parked in a handicapped space under a large oak tree. A homeless man was dozing on a bench there in the heat and a woman in a wheelchair from the nursing home across the street was also moving around. Apparently they had been feeding ducks and crows and a few seagulls, for when I came out with my books, I had a splattered windshield. I was not happy about it, but wiped the worst off with a couple tissues and washed the rest off with the washer fluid. After that I did a couple more errands and then headed for home. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Romans 12:12-15
Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be
patient in trouble and always be prayerful.
When God's children are in need, be the one
to help them out. And get into the habit of inviting
guests home for dinner, or, if they need lodging,
for the night.

If people persecute you because you are a Christian,
don't curse them; pray that God will bless them.
When others are happy, be happy with them. If they
are sad, share their sorrow. Live in harmony with
each other. Don't try to act important, but enjoy the
company of other people. And don't think you know it all!

Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Do things in
such a way  that everyone can see you are honorable.
Do your part to live in peace with everyone as much as possible.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis