Thursday, August 4, 2016

Faith and Endurance

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I woke up to the sound of thunder and flashes of lightning around 4 AM, and since then the rain has been coming down periodically. Looks like we are in for a rainy day, according to the radar. I was kinda glad for the rain, because it meant I could stay in bed a little longer, but I didn't. I got up a little earlier than usual, showered and cooked bacon and eggs for my breakfast.

My yard crew has switched to Wed. instead of Mondays, so they came and got the yard looking nice and neat in about five minutes, then off they went to the next couple houses down the street. I got some chores done around the house and then decided to go to the park to see what was going on.

It was quiet, with a few more people out and about. I noticed going by the Christian school that the teachers were back and busy, so I guess school starts next week. Seems like a short summer!
I saw two anhingas when I drove into the park; one perched on the top of a pipe and the other on the end of a shrub. Neither had wings spread, so they must have enjoyed drying out and absorbing the sun. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

James 1:12-15
God blesses the people who patiently  endure
testing. Afterward they will receive the crown of
life that God has promised to those who love him.
And remember, no one who wants to do wrong
should ever say. "God is tempting me." God is
never tempted to do wrong and he never tempts
anyone else, either. Temptation comes from the
lure of our own evil desires. These evil desires
lead to evil actions, and evil actions lead to death.
So don't be misled, my dear brothers and sisters.

Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God
above, who created all heaven's lights. Unlike them
he never changes or casts shifting shadows In his
goodness he chose to make us his own children by
giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation,
became his choice possession.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis