Friday, August 12, 2016

Paul's Final Thoughts

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! It is so late I almost skipped sending this today, because I still have to put sheets on the bed and get that made up. However, it is a beautiful, very warm morning with lots of sun, so I need to get busy.

Last night it must have rained, because the porch was very wet when I opened the door. Speaking of that, the Times was in the chair yesterday! Yay! But, this morning it was on the floor. I was afraid the good news would not last.I will see where it is tomorrow and then call again if I need to.

I stayed up later last night to watch Michael Phelps win his 4th gold medal! The greatest athlete in the world! I could not help wondering how he earns a living.with all the training he does. I know he gets money from endorsements, but now he has a son...just curious. I also like to watch the gymnastics. They train from the time they are little. What dedication! They are fantastic!

Before the Olympics I watched Jeopardy, Tournament of Champions and my contestant won! Now, if he can only hold on tonight! Go, Alex Jacob!

Well, the van worked well enough for me to get over to the library yesterday and then take a ride to the park. There were a few more people than the day before and I saw an egret posed by a fallen tree looking down into the water. It looked like a painting with the green in the background showing up the whiteness of the bird. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Philippians : 4-7
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again---rejoice!
Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do.
Remember, the Lord is coming soon.

Don't worry about anything. Instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is
far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.
His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in
Christ Jesus...

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis