Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have overcast, and sunshine, which means lots of clouds, but still the sun is heating things up. The news is full of hurricane warnings for the east coast. Long lines are at gas stations and people are loading up on all the supplies they will need for when and if the power goes off. I thank God Matthew is not headed this way!

Speaking of power outages, Bright House had a power outage from about 9 AM yesterday, until lunch time, so I had no TV or internet for a few hours.. I did not turn on any radio, either, so for a little while had the sound of silence!

 My cell phone worked, though...

My yard men came early this morning, trying to catch up with what they missed because of the rainy day we started the week with, but I still have not been able to get the tree man to call me. I will try him one more time and then go to another that a friend recommended. I really would like to get the low hanging limbs trimmed before a strong wind comes.

I heard from my niece in Louisiana about the progress on their house which was flooded by Hermine and is in the process of being rebuilt. They have the drywall up and are waiting for the mudding. But the pictures look like great progress has been made, considering all the work the people have to do on all the other places they have to work on. Many people have not been able to start work because of delayed insurance payments. Donna said they are using the insurance payment for her truck to pay for the work on the house while waiting for the house insurance to kick in. But she said they had a wonderful place to stay meanwhile, and she is still very positive.

I did a little shopping yesterday and stopped in at the Park on my way home. It must be moving around season for the gopher tortoises, because I saw two one day and one the next day after a long period of absence, or I just was not there at the right time. Every thing is lush and green from all the rain, so it looks good. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 1
Oh, the joys of those who do not follow
the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with scoffers.
But they delight in doing everything the
Lord wants;
Day and night they think about his law.
They are like trees planted along the
riverbank;
bearing fruit each season without fail.
Their leaves never wither, and in all they
do, they prosper....


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis