Thursday, October 20, 2016

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Another cool, fall day is in store for us; well, by cool, I mean the air is definitely cooler in the morning and then, of course, the temps climb by noon or so. But the mid eighties are not so bad. So, it is a beautiful day!

Since my van was in the shop all day, I did not go anywhere, but it was good to have a day at home without any appointments. Unfortunately, my van is slowing dying. I will have to replace it as soon as possible, because the repairs it needs far exceed its value. I have really enjoyed it for ten years, but all good things must come to an end. I am praying now that I can find a car that will last me for as long as I continue to drive, however long that may be.

Ray was kind enough to stop by to get my van and leave his truck here, and then brought the van back at the end of the day. Another friend who takes care of me. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

 Psalm 1
Oh, the joys of those
who do not follow the advice of the
wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join with scoffers.
But they delight in doing everything the
Lord wants;
day and night they think about his law.
They are like trees planted along the
riverbank,
bearing fruit each season without fail.
Their leaves never wither ,
and in all they do they prosper.

But this is not true of the wicked.
They are like worthless chaff, scattered
by the wind.
They will be condemned at the time of
judgment.
Sinners will have no place among the godly.

For the Lord watches over the path of the
godly, but the path of the wicked leads to
destruction.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and
love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis