Monday, August 20, 2007

As Time Goes By (a repeat)

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is another warm day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I notice on my weather report that the heat index is to be 106 this afternoon!! Thank God for A/C!

If I don't get my walking done in the morning, I don't walk, because the air is too hot!

I walked Saturday and as we drove in the Park, a chocolate colored bunny, with unusual outlined eyes, was munching on grass beside the road. It must have been a domestic that someone turned loose in the Park, Not a good thing to do.

Mama Gator was back at her nest, but I almost didn't see her, because she was directly below me with just her head showing. When I came back from the tower, she had moved and was pointed toward the nest.

I watched a small gator swim alongside the bank, on my way back and climb up on the bank, where he has been sunning every day the past week.

Then I waited while Mark and James came in their cart, on the way to clean out trash in the gator nest. I told them she was there, and there was only one bottle right next to her. They thought maybe it would not be a good time to get the bottle. :o)

From Quiet Moments:

"This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24 NKJV

"Where does the time go?" we ask. Here it is-a new day on the horizon- and we can't remember how it arrived so quickly. Why, last week seems like yesterday, and last year flew by like a video in fast forward.

Singer Jim Croce mused in his hit song "Time in a Bottle" that "there never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do, once you find them." We search so hard for happiness. But often, we don't understand that happiness is not a goal to be won, but a by-product of a life well spent.

The "Old English Prayer," offers simple instruction for enjoying the day that the Lord has made:

Take time to work; it is the price of success.
Take time to think' it is the source of power.
Take time to play; it is the secret if perpetual youth.
Take time to read; it is the foundation of wisdom.
Take time to be friendly, it is the road to happiness.
Take time to dream; it is hitching your wagon to a star.
Take time to love and be loved; it is the privilege of the gods.
Take time to look around, it is too short a day to be selfish.
Take time to laugh, it is the music of the soul.

True happiness comes
from the job of deeds
well done, the zest of
creating things new.
Antoine de Saint Exupery

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis