Monday, November 5, 2007

Cruisin' thru Corinthians

Good chilly morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!

Well, I don't know about you, but I had to get up in the wee hours and put another blanket on the bed. Not complaining, mind you, but just wish I had done it before turning in for the night! Tonight I will put a heavier blankie on and then have to throw it off if I get too warm.

But the weather is beautiful. However, I can't quite get used to the sunshine so early in the morning... makes me feel like I should have been up hours ago!

We had a nice quiet afternoon yesterday. Because of the sky-rocketing price of gas, we did not go anyplace, except church in the morning.

I enjoyed the walk Saturday and will go again this morning, to see how the baby gators are doing in the chilly weather. I am sure the water is warmer than the air, but gators are usually scarce in winter. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

1 Corinthians 3:7-9
"The ones who do the planting or watering aren't important, but God is important because he is the one who makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work as a team with the same purpose. Yet they will be rewarded individually, according to their own hard work. We work together as partners who belong to God."

"But there is going to come a time of testing at the judgment day to see what kind of work each builder has done. Everyone's work will be put through the fire to see whether or not it keeps its value. If the work survives the fire, the builder will receive a reward. But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss The builders themselves will be saved, but like someone escaping through a wall of flames."

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis