Friday, September 24, 2010

Psoaring thru Psalm 23

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Just when I think it's time for fall (and it is according to the calendar), the weather is very warm when I step outside. And there is another tropical storm in the Caribbean named "Matthew," Well, we may get some rain from this one.

The wind came up all at once last night, and since my yard was mowed and the porch blown off, the wind took care of that. Twigs and leaves are all over it once again. Oh, well, it looked good for awhile, anyway. The Beauty berry bush is so big,now, and has grown so much this summer, with absolutely no care, but still has not had one purple berry on it. Very strange. But it was a volunteer in the first place, so I can't complain. The mockers certainly have enough berries without the bush, because the podacarpus is still full of berries and they fly in and out of it all day.

I watched a yellow butterfly chase a mockingbird yesterday. At least, that's what it looked like. The butterfly was flitting erratically and the bird was trying to fly around it. Of course, the bird won that flight!

I ran several errands yesterday after the lawn was mowed, including returning books to the library and checking out more and was tired at the end of the day. But some things never change, including the park, It just keeps growing and the canal keeps on flowing. Ibis and anhinga were present as usual and all was peaceful. God is good!

From The Message;

God, my shepherd!
I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.

Even when the way goes through Death Valley.
I'm not afraid when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook
Makes me feel secure.

You serve me a six course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis

P.S. I hope all the punctuation is correct, because this is National Punctuation Day :o).