Monday, September 27, 2010

What to do About Evil

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! When I stepped outside early this morning, I was refreshed by the cool wind blowing and walked a bit, admiring the pink streaked clouds as the sun came up. I saw two planes in the wild blue yonder, and birds were flitting about on their morning search for the early worm. Just a beautiful day!

When I went to the park yesterday, I saw an anhinga on the weir with its wings fully extended drying out and the day before, one was there with wings folded and just sitting. They are very ungainly looking because of their bent legs, whenever they try to walk.But they are very sleek in the water. Since they swim and fly, they are versatile.

Since I have a lot of errands to run this morning, I need to get started, but things will get done in due time. I had to pause and reflect after yesterday's church service how many friends I have who genuinely care about me. I have a heart full of thankfulness for the friends and family and their love. God is good!

What to do about Evil..
From the devotional Knowing God.

Take your stand with God's loyal community and live, or chase after phantoms of evil and die.
Proverbs 11:19 MSG

The better you get to know God, the more you'll understand how God wants you to respond to evil. and make no mistake, this world is inhabited by quite a few people who are very determined to do evil things. The devil and his human helpers are working 24/7 to cause pain and heartbreak in every corner of the globe including your corner. So you'd better beware. Your job, if you choose to accept it, is to recognize and fight it. The moment that you decide to fight evil whenever you see it, you can no longer be a lukewarm, halfhearted Christian. And when you are no longer a lukewarm Christian, God rejoices while the Devil despairs.

When will you choose to get serious about fighting the evils of our world? Before you answer that question, consider this in the battle of good versus evil, the devil never takes a day off...and neither should you.

God loves you, and He yearns for you to turn away from the path of evil. You need His forgiveness, and you need Him to come into your life and remake you from within,
--Billy Graham

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis