Monday, May 30, 2011

Words to live by from Chronicles

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!

Surprise! This is a holiday, but here I am!

I was so impressed by the medal of honor winner featured on 60 minutes last night, it really brought home to me how much our men and women sacrifice by fighting in the Afghanistan and most are so young. He was so articulate and humble...made me proud.

I took flowers out to Bay Pines National Cemetery on Saturday and was very moved by all the hundreds of flags waving in the wind; one on each grave marker. I also thought of our daughter, Diane, resting in the National Cemetery at Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio, TX, Her headstone is the same as at Arlington. But I know that the national cemeteries are perpetually taken care of and will always be nice resting places for our loved ones.

From 1 Chronicles 17:31-36
Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice!
Tell all the nations that the Lord is king.
Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise!
Let the fields and their crops burst forth with joy!
Let the trees of the forest rustle with praise before the Lord!
For he is coming to judge the earth.

Give thanks to the Lord , for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever.
Cry out,  "Save us, O God of our salvation!"
Gather and rescue us from among the nations,
so we can thank your holy name
and rejoice and praise you."

And all the people shouted "Amen" and praised the Lord.

1 Chronicles 28:20
Then David continued, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid
or discouraged by the size of the task, for the
Lord God, my God is with you.
He will not fail you or forsake you.


2 Chronicles 7:14
Then if my people who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear
from heaven and will forgive their sins
and heal their land. I will listen to every
prayer made in this place, for I have chosen this Temple
and will set it apart to be my home forever.
My eyes and my heart will always be here.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis