Monday, August 8, 2011

Nothing is impossible with God

Good Morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! It must have rained a little last night, because today the drips are coming off the roof and the porch floor is damp. It really rained Saturday, though!
 

I stopped at the Publix on 49th St. on my way home from Mari's salon, even though I had second thoughts, because a big black cloud was hanging almost overhead. I thought I should have gone on home and shopped at the Gateway Publix. Well, sure enough, it started pouring while I was in the store, so after I finished shopping, I just stood along with the other customers and waited for it to slack off. When I moved outside the door, someone was smoking, and the smell was really bothering me, so when I thought I could get everything in the van, and I had taken my umbrella with me, I started on, sloshing through the water to the van, loaded everything, which was wet, and managed to get in the car, with only a little soaking on the parts the umbrella didn't protect. But the hair was protected! Yay! :o) When I got close to home, I could see that it had already rained around here, so I would have been trapped at the neighborhood store, anyway.

I went to the park later in the afternoon and not many people were there, but on the way out, I saw a hawk perched on top of a bat house, so I stopped and took his photo. He was just looking around, with his fierce eyes and gave a profile pose which looked like an eagle. God is good!

From Quiet Moments with God devotional:

I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 NASB

Scientists say it can't be done! It's impossible, Aerodynamic theory is crystal clear. Bumblebees cannot fly.  The reason is because the size, weight, and shape of the bumblebee's body in relation to the total wing spread make it impossible to fly. The bumblebee is simply too heavy, too wide, and too large to fly with wings that small.

However, the bumblebee is ignorant  of these scientific facts and goes ahead and flies anyway.

It was God who created the bumblebee and God who taught it how to fly. The bumblebee obviously didn't question God about the problem with aerodynamics. It simply flew. It didn't question whether God really knew what He was talking about. It simply flew. It didn't wonder if God really loved it when He gave it such small wings. It simply flew.

When God created us, He also equipped us for the life ahead. He says He knows the plans He has for our lives. Because He loves us, He has promised to be with us, to teach us, to carry us, and to be our Rock. All we have to do is trust and obey. 

God is not limited by our understanding of how things happen. Just because we can't see something, doesn't mean it's not real. Faith is, indeed, the substance of things not seen. Sometimes life is inexplicable, and the impossible happens. We  can't always explain everything.

And just because we don't understand how something can be done, doesn't mean our Almighty God can't do it.

God is within all things, but not included;
outside all things, but not
excluded; Above all things,
but not beyond their reach.
Pope Gregory the Great

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, Amaryllis