Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wisdom from Isaiah 40

Good Morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!  Lots of sun this morning, but rain is still dripping off the roof from last night. As I left church after a meeting, the sky was dark and thunder and lightning was flashing. It had already rained, so the streets were wet and as I drove home and turned on 9th St. I saw that a car had skidded off the road and landed in a shallow retention ditch in front of the new 7-11 on the corner. The small car was pointing south, which would have been on the other side of the wide street, so there must have been some twisting involved. Anyway, it looked like no one was injured, and I got home safely, which proves you must drive carefully when the streets are wet and slick...

I was pleased to find that gas prices had gone down when I drove to Walmart to fill up...a nice surprise because I thought prices were to keep going up. I stopped in at the park on my way to Walmart and saw the freshly rained on greenery, and two guys cleaning their cars in the shade. The squirrels were busy running back and forth and the anhinga was drying his wings at the weir. I have not seen the peacocks in several months, so I am wondering if they were hauled off to someplace else. I did see the banty rooster strolling around. He has been there for several years and is really noisy in the morning. For a little rooster, he has a big cock-a-doodle doo! God is good!

Several verses which touched me for several reasons from Isaiah 40 NLT:

40:3 Listen! I hear the voice of someone shouting, "Make a highway for the Lord through the wilderness. Make a straight, smooth road through the desert for our God. Fill the valleys and level the hills. straighten out the curves and smooth off the rough spots. Then the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. The Lord has spoken!
A voice said, "Shout!"I asked, "What should I shout?"
"Shout that people are like the grass that dies away. Their beauty fades as quickly as the beauty of flowers in a field. The grass withers, and the flowers fade beneath the breath of the Lord. And so it is with people. The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever."

28; Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out. He offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will  run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis
--