Thursday, June 28, 2012

Psoaring thru Psalm 145:13-16

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!  The sun is shining, a gentle breeze is blowing and it is a beautiful day! Everything in this neighborhood looks serene, but driving around, high water marks are visible from lakes and canals and the tree men are out cleaning up debris left from Debby.

Not daring to go out and see for myself, I have been looking at photos of the damage and loss of beaches and homes on the coast and from flooding. So sorry for those people who lost homes and the lives that were lost due to the storm!  I am so thankful for my house and provision!

The yard guys came yesterday and cleaned up and made mulch out of all the twigs and mess from the oak trees, edged and blew off all the twigs and stuff on the porch. It looks much better, now. After they left, I went to Target to get a couple of florescent light bulbs to replace a couple that burned out. I hardly ever go into Target, but decided to get a couple things from the grocery dept. while there. I picked up a block of mozzarella cheese and found it all moldy. Guess you have to check the dates carefully before buying there.

I drove back home in time to get some lunch and good thing, because my cleaning ladies came early! So, the house is clean and the yard is cleaned up. Looking good! Later in the afternoon, I drove to the park to see that the waters had receded and no longer flowed over the weir. I noticed a very large oak tree is almost completely in the canal, and will probably stay there for a long time. The mowing crew was there and zipping around in the John Deere mower, and the big one, so it was looking good. The squirrels were out, scampering about and so were the ever present ibises. It was very hot, but God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

The Lord is faithful in all he says,
he is gracious in all he does.
The Lord helps the fallen
and lifts up those bent beneath their loads.
All eyes look to you for help.
You give them their food as they need it.
When you open your hand,
you satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing.

The Lord is righteous in everything he does,
he is filled with kindness.
The Lord is close to all who call on him,
yes, to all who call on him sincerely.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cries for help and rescues them.
The Lord protects all those who love him
but he destroys the wicked.

I will praise the Lord,
and everyone on earth will bless his holy name
forever and forever.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis