Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Psoaring thru Psalm 25

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We've had some sun this morning, but still lots of clouds and the trees are blowing wildly with the continued strong winds. I can't help thinking of the story of Jesus stilling the storm , when the disciples were in the boat. I wish He would do that now!

I was watching the TV pics of all the flooding everywhere, and the highways still closed, including the Skyway, because of high winds. Brian said it took him and hour and fifteen minutes to get to work in Bradenton yesterday, so it probably took him that long this morning.

I headed out 70th Ave. for a doctor's app't yesterday, but found the street blocked because a large tree had fallen across it. I had to take a slight detour, but was not delayed much. Bayshore Blvd. in Tampa is still part of the Hillsborough Bay and full of water. The huge mansions along there really have a much closer waterfront view.

 I took a drive into Sawgrass Park, and saw the water running over the weir, and all along the sidewalk, nothing but water, but flocks of ibis were really enjoying pecking up grubs and whatever else was flushed out by the water. The canal was full and flowing rapidly. I was surprised that the boardwalk was open because of the 40 mph gusts of wind we had all day yesterday, but there are probably not enough workers to put up and take down the signs, so you just have to take your chances. But God is good!

Psalm 25 excerpts NLT:

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
I trust in you, my God!
Do not let me be disgraced,
or let my enemies rejoice in
my defeat.
No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced.
But disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.

Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord;
point out the right road for me to follow.
Lead me by your truth and teach me
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you....

The Lord is good and does what is right;
he shows the proper path to those who go astray.
He leads the humble in what is right, teaching them his way.
The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness 
all those who keep his covenant and obey his decrees.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis