Thursday, June 7, 2012

Psoaring thru Psalm 91

Good Morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have had rain ever since I awoke and it looks like it will continue for quite awhile.I was scheduled to get the yard mowed today, but rain once again has postponed it; that is, I think so, anyway. If the weather clears up, it may get cleaned up later this afternoon. But I won't worry about it if it doesn't get cut.

Yesterday was a different kind of day. I had an early appointment with Dr. Bob, my dentist, to get a filling...first cavity in years. caused by food packing between two molars. That took over an hour and a half in his chair, with rest periods for my jaws, and for me to take a break. When I finished that ordeal, I stopped at Taco Bell on the way home to get a salad with chicken , got home and gulped that down, so I would be finished in time for my P.C. tech, who was due at 1:30. He was a little late, but got started working on it right away. He was busy, disconnecting plugs, and reconnecting them, and doing all kinds of things with different connections on the screen. After four hours of work and a call to Bright House, he got the computer working again, but something is still wrong with the cable connection with Bright House, so they will be coming again tomorrow and Dave, the tech, will come back to clue them in, since I have no idea what to tell them. I still don't know what exactly went wrong, since the HP desk top, is only about six months old, but whatever it was, baffled four guys. The fifth one, Dave, fixed it! My deepest thanks to the ones who worked on it! As a side note; it was definitely freeing not to have to check the PC for new messages several times a day, and I actually had Phone conversations with a couple people instead of emailing! Personal communication still works!!

Something cute a couple days ago...a white dove had been hanging around the front lawn near the gutter for a few days, and one day I looked out and saw her resting on the wall of the porch near the water bowl. She stayed there for a long time, flat on her tummy. But I haven't seen her since. BTW, Dave, the techie, is a birder, and goes on birdwatching tours with the Audubon Society, so we had chats about birdwatching while he was working. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:


 Psalm 91:14-16

The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
When they call on me, I will answer.
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue them and honor them.
I will satisfy them and honor them.
I will satisfy them with a long life
and give them my salvation."

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, 
Amaryllis