Friday, October 12, 2012

Be Silent

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Love this cooler weather and drier air! Temps in the low seventies this morning and the A/C is hardly working! Great! 

Well, I watched the debate last night and was trying to read a novel at the same time, but really got caught up in it! All I can say is, I will be glad when all the election stuff is over, so the phone calls and campaign literature will stop.. and the ads on TV! Seems to me, all the money contributed to the candidates to get them elected or re-elected could be put to better use by helping suffering people out. Just sayin'.

My yard got mowed, edged and blowed yesterday, and it really needed it! My yard man lost his helper, so he now works alone. But he does the extra work that I point out to him, actually, it is not extra, he just doesn't notice what needs doing unless I tell him. Then I went to get my hair done and got there too early because I was reading and misread the time. So, I drove to Mickey D's and got a fish sandwich. Now, I probably have been to that place maybe one time in the past several years, so because I read a good review in the Times about their fish sandwiches, I decided to try one. Actually, it was good, if you like tartar sauce, which I do!

I drove through the Park on my way home, still enjoying the Twix bars that Mari gave me. I really think they are my favorite! The grass was freshly mowed and the water remains high in the canal. I think the work on the lake is just about finished, and that may be why the water is high. I saw an anhinga sitting on the weir and ibis near the canal. It was a beautiful day and God is good!

From the little devotional book, Knowing God:

Be silent before the Lord and wait expectantly for Him.


Psalm 17:7 HCSB
Sometimes God speaks loudly and clearly. More often he speaks in a quiet voice--and if you are wise, you will be listening carefully when He does. To do so, you must carve out quiet moments each day to study his word and sense His direction.

Can you quiet yourself long enough to listen to your conscience? Are you attuned to the subtle guidance of your intuition?


Are you willing to pray sincerely and then to wait quietly for God's response? Hopefully so. Usually God refrains from sending his messages on stone tablets or city billboards. More often, He communicates in subtler ways. If you sincerely desire to hear his voice, you must listen carefully. and you must do so in the silent corners
of your quiet, willing heart.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis