Monday, October 15, 2012

Cruisin' thru Colossians

Good Morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! It was overcast when I slid out of bed and maybe it was just fog, because now the sun is shining and it looks like another beautiful day . Should be less humidity tomorrow, because yesterday, while sweeping off the porch (acorns falling faster than I can sweep) it was warm and not too comfy. 

My cleaning ladies who are friends and live across the street, had a yard sale  Saturday. They had invited me and other neighbors to join in, but I could not face digging out all the stuff, and then having to gather it all up if it did not sell. Well, they were up at 5:30, and set everything out in one driveway, had a lemonade stand for the granddaughter, and they intended to shut down by 3:30. They did not have nearly the traffic I thought they would have, and they actually were working until 5:30 or 6 getting leftovers packed up. I was so glad I did not take anything over! Cheryl said, "Never again!". She has a lot of energy, but she was exhausted! They advertised in the Times and put a lot of signs out, but still did not have much traffic.

On the way to church yesterday, I noticed a large flock of ibis at Lynch Lake and two somber looking woodstorks all hunched up. There seemed to be lots of activity with the feathered friends! Later on, at Sawgrass, I saw lots of people but not too many birds. However, the butterflies were flitting all over. I wish I knew the names of most of them. They used to have a display of butterflies in the building, but I have not noticed it lately. On my way out of the park, I saw the wet anhinga drying out his wings on the weir. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Colossians 1:9-12

So we have continued praying for you ever since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you a complete understanding of what he wants to do in your lives, and we ask him to make you wise with spiritual wisdom. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and you will continually do good kind things for others. 
All the while, you will learn to know God better and better.

We also pray that you will be strengthened with his glorious power so that you will have all the patience and endurance you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father who has enabled you to share the inheritance that belongs to God's holy people, who live in the light. For he has rescued us from the one who rules in the kingdom of darkness and he has brought us into the Kingdom of his dear Son. God has purchased our freedom with his blood and has forgiven all our sins....


I always thank God for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs, 
Amaryllis