Thursday, November 15, 2012

Psoaring thru Psalm 62

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Another in the series of overcast days and late sunshine, but still no rain. When I went out to look for the paper this morning, I finally found it on one corner of the porch, hidden by the large poinsettia potted plant, which had been knocked over when the paper was thrown . With no rain, I have tried to keep the plants watered, so not too much of the soil was spilled out.

My cleaning ladies came yesterday, and we chatted while they worked. They are both going camping for Thanksgiving; Cheryl with her brothers at Ft. DeSoto, in their campers, and Kim and her husband in a cabin at a campground near Lake Wales. So, I asked jokingly, who was going to call me when the porch light was not on after dark and check up on me to see if I was Okay. They laughed and said I was on my own. But I really appreciate that Cheryl is so watchful of me. I think she is a born caretaker.

My yard man, Jason, also came unexpectedly, and he, also, is taking a few days off next week, so he was doing his lawns early. He blew off  the porch and driveway, which were covered with acorns, mostly smashed on the driveway. He had also trimmed some oak trees which had sprung up behind my hedge and disposed of them. He noticed that there are two holes under the fence, which seem to be bunny holes. I have seen a couple brown bunnies in the yard, but not for awhile.

I drove over to the park later, and saw that not many people were there, but it was very peaceful and quiet with ibis pecking and butterflies flitting about. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 62:5-12

I wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor come from God alone.
He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy
can reach me.

O My people, trust in him at all times.
Pour out your heart to him,
for God is our refuge.

From the greatest to the lowliest---
all are nothing in his sight.
If you weigh them on the scales,
they are lighter than a puff of air.
Don't try to get rich
by extortion or robbery.
And if your wealth increases,
don't make it the center of your life.

God has spoken plainly,
And I have heard it many times.
Power, O God, belongs to you.
Unfailing love, O Lord, is yours.
Surely you judge all people
according to what they have done.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis